WAF Youth Winner 2015
“WYEBANK WATER WARRIORS” SCHOOL: WYEBANK SECONDARY SCHOOL
Durban, South Africa
- established school leakage controls, saving thousands of litres every month;
- launched the “Bring a Bottle” campaign, reducing tap wastage by an estimated 720 l. monthly;
- removed water-intensive invasive plants from the school grounds;
- launched an eye-catching neighborhood poster campaign to save water;
- donated 15 bags of clothes to the Zimbambeleni Old Age Home and Katsi Youth In Action.
WAF Youth Finalists 2015
SCHOOL: CEIP NUESTRA SEÑORA DE LOS REMEDIOS
- Created a blog to publicize sustainability commitments by students and
- launched a campaign to recycle used oil instead of throwing it down the drain;
- designed sustainability posters and leaflets for public buildings, in cooperation with local authorities.
SCHOOL: DARÜŞŞAFAKA ORTAOKULU
- carried out a neighbourhood poster campaign and canvass, informing residents of water issues and asking them to commit to reducing consumption;
- invited elementary students from a nearby disadvantaged area to bring old clothes to a “Water Festival.” After the students learned about water issues, they got to “up-cycle” the clothes with new designs.
SCHOOL: ISTITUTO COMPRENSIVO LEONARDO DA VINCI PISTOIA
- writing and delivering a letter to the Mayor of Pistoia about Water Explorer during their holidays;
- producing the “Bau Bau Manifesto: 10 Water-saving Tips”;
- organizing three travelling water festivals in their region.